Junior Test Analyst
We Are Car Benefit Solutions
Car Benefit Solutions is the leading provider of Employee Car Ownership Schemes in the UK, delivering complete solutions that span consultancy and scheme design through to implementation and fleet management. We have a strong client base in Automotive and Corporate sectors, working in partnership with 25 manufacturer brands to deliver schemes to more than 300 businesses and 2000 franchise dealerships. We offer a comprehensive benefit and rewards package, ranging from health and wellbeing initiatives to discounted car schemes and flexible working. We are a 3 star outstanding best companies to work for and one of the top 75 employers in the North West. As well as Silver Investors in People Status, we have also won local Made in Bury Business Awards.
Writing and running tests to ensure that all scenarios have been covered to give confidence quality code is released into production for our .NET and Web applications in an Agile methodology.
The Challenge Ahead
The Operations Department is a fast growing and multi-disciplined team with the responsibility for developing bespoke platforms and client facing web operations.
- Involved in for writing, maintaining and running manual regression scripts.
- Involved in reading and interpreting business requirement documents, and defining the test scenarios that need to be written and run in order to determine the development meets those requirements.
- Involved in liaising with all levels of stakeholders to design and implement test scripts.
- Responsible for providing accurate test plans and testing estimates to enable a project plan to be designed.
- Responsible for clearly communicating defects to the development team.
- Work within an Agile methodology (both Sprint and Kanban); attending and contributing to Daily Stand Ups, Backlog Refinement, Poker Planning and Retrospective meetings.
- Involved in replicating bugs raised by the wider business and investigating root cause before adding additional information and communicating to the development team.
- Involved in completing the test phase to a pre-defined quality, to plan and on budget.
- Involved in the deployment of code to production environment and follow up smoke test as required.
The Person Profile
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (Desirable)
- Degree Educated (Essential) but in a related subject is desirable
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Experience of testing web-based systems, including the user interface/web screen and web services
- Experience of testing windows based applications
- Able to cope with working on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to interact confidently with both technical and non-technical persons
- Commitment to customer centricity across all areas of role and interactions with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in line with CBS Core Values of pride, integrity, accountability, continuous improvement and enjoyment
- Demonstrable experience working within an Agile Methodology (both Sprint and Kanban)
- Good working knowledge of all relevant testing techniques & processes
- .Net C# Knowledge, ability to understand basic code e.g. IF statements
- SQL Knowledge, ability to understand basic queries/code
- Working knowledge of Octopus Continuous Integration
- Working knowledge of Azure Dev Ops and Branching
- Experience of automation testing i.e. Ranorex
- Experience of stress and load testing
- Experience of security/vulnerability testing i.e. AppCheck
- Basic understanding of .Net error logs
- Demonstrable experience of test planning and reporting
Please note, we do not accept any form of unsolicited direct contact from agencies that are not on our PSL.
Team NameTesting Team
Hours35 hours Mon - Fri
LocationHead Office, Bury (currently working from home due to COVID-19)
Why Work for CBS?
- 25 days’ holiday plus buy/sell policy of up to 5 days
- BUPA – Private medical insurance
- Sponsored car schemes
- 5% pension contribution
- Medicash (Subsidised dental, optical and alternative therapies
- Death in service insurance
- The Barracks Site – Modernised ex Fusiliers Museum
- Friendly working environment
- Annual Summer & Christmas Parties
- Social Committee
- Accessible by Metrolink
- Free secure parking
- On-site Café