Accounts Payable Officer
We Are Car Benefit Solutions
complete solutions that span consultancy and scheme design through to implementation and fleet management. We have a strong client base in Automotive and Corporate sectors, working in partnership with 25 manufacturer brands to deliver schemes to more than 300 businesses and 2000 franchise dealerships. We offer a comprehensive benefit and rewards package, ranging from health and wellbeing initiatives to discounted car schemes and flexible working. We are a 3 star outstanding best companies to work for and one of the top 75 employers in the North West. As well as Silver Investors in People Status, we have also won local Made in Bury Business Awards.
To maintain and control the Purchase Ledger ensuring timely payments to our suppliers and all invoices are processed and reconciled in line with our accounting policies.
The Challenge Ahead
Responsible for multiple aspects of the business Finance & Operations covers Commercial Operations, Pricing, IT and Development, Reporting and Finance.
The Finance team are responsible for managing cash transactions and delivering the management accounts to the Board. This includes the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process, P&L analysis, bank account reconciliation and management of the Sales and Purchase Ledger.
The team work closely with many areas of the business to ensure the processes are adhered to in order to minimise financial risk. The team also work alongside the Treasury and Taxation Department to manage cash balances and the Commercial Operations Team relating to budgeting.
In addition, the team are responsible for building relationships and developing relevant processes with our customers and key suppliers.
- Oversee bi-weekly Purchase ledger BACS payments for multiple companies
- Ensure Vehicle, Overhead and Maintenance invoices are processed on time
- Approve invoice differences / queries within Storm within approved limits
- Monitor daily PL exception reports and investigate & resolve any issues
- Maintain the Purchase ledger new account set up
- Manage the outstanding invoice queries and resolutions with internal departments
- Work closely with clients to manage invoicing variances and handling supplier queries and invoice variance issues by phone or email
- Ensure successful integration of vehicle invoices to GP
- Control of issuing and reconciling the petty cash
- Processing of staff expenses on Concur
- Processing fine payments by credit card and posting of fines into GP
- Posting and reconciling of the credit card statement’s
- Play a key role in ensuring the team achieves its KPIs
- Take ownership for the Purchase Ledger maintenance and weekly review
- Make recommendations for improvements to the AP process
- Assist with other ad hoc tasks within the finance team
The Person Profile
- GCSE English & Mathematics A-C (Essential)
- Finance/Accounting training or qualification (Essential)
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience of AP and AR processes and procedures
- Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Word and Intermediate level MS Excel
- Team player
- Ability to adopt a flexible approach to working in a rapidly growing business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A high level of organisation and planning skills
- Committed and hard working
- Ability to work in line with CBS Core Values of pride, integrity, accountability, continuous improvement and enjoyment
- Experience working in the Automotive Sector
- Experience in the use of MS Dynamics
Please note, we do not accept any form of unsolicited direct contact from agencies that are not on our PSL.
Team NameTransaction Team
Hours35 hours Mon - Fri
LocationHead Office, Bury (currently working from home due to COVID-19)
Why Work for CBS?
- 25 days’ holiday plus buy/sell policy of up to 5 days
- BUPA – Private medical insurance
- Sponsored car schemes
- 5% pension contribution
- Medicash (Subsidised dental, optical and alternative therapies
- Death in service insurance
- The Barracks Site – Modernised ex Fusiliers Museum
- Friendly working environment
- Annual Summer & Christmas Parties
- Social Committee
- Accessible by Metrolink
- Free secure parking
- On-site Café