We Are Car Benefit Solutions
Car Benefit Solutions is the leading provider of Employee Car Ownership Schemes in the UK, delivering complete solutions that span consultancy and scheme design through to implementation and fleet management. We have a strong client base in Automotive and Corporate sectors, working in partnership with 25 manufacturer brands to deliver schemes to more than 300 businesses and 2000 franchise dealerships. We offer a comprehensive benefit and rewards package, ranging from health and wellbeing initiatives to discounted car schemes and flexible working. We are a 3 star outstanding best companies to work for and one of the top 75 employers in the North West. As well as Silver Investors in People Status, we have also won local Made in Bury Business Awards.
To process AP documents, respond to both AP and AR enquiries and assist the team with everyday tasks. Assist the finance team with monthly MI information.
The Challenge Ahead
Responsible for multiple aspects of the business Finance & Operations covers Commercial Operations, Pricing, IT and Development, Reporting and Finance.
The Finance team are responsible for managing cash transactions and delivering the management accounts to the Board. This includes the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process, P&L analysis, bank account reconciliation and management of the Sales and Purchase Ledger
The team work closely with many areas of the business to ensure the processes are adhered to in order to minimise financial risk. The team also work alongside the Treasury and Taxation Department to manage cash balances and the Commercial Operations Team relating to budgeting.
In addition, the team are responsible for building relationships and developing relevant processes with our customers and key suppliers.
• Processing of Manufacturer vehicle bonus credit notes
• Monitor RFL control reconciliation, chase outstanding value’s with DVLA
• Reconciliation of vehicle control, investigation of variances
• Reconciliation of invoice differences control investigate variances
• Work closely with suppliers to resolve any invoicing variances
• Recharges and recharges fines reconciliation
• Journals between key control accounts
• Assist with order banks and queries
• Monitor cancelled agreements and effects on vehicle control
• Play a key role in ensuring the team achieves its KPI’s
• Proactively collaborate with the team to make suggestions for improvements where possible in our processes
• Assist with month end board paper information / data
• Assist with other ad hoc tasks within the finance team
The Person Profile
• GCSE English & Mathematics A-C (Essential)
• Finance/Accounting training or qualification (Essential)
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Experience of AP and AR processes and procedures
• Excellent IT skills including the use of MS Word and Intermediate level MS Excel
• Team player
• Ability to adopt a flexible approach to working in a rapidly growing business
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail
• A high level of organisation and planning skills
• Committed and hard working
• Ability to work in line with CBS Core Values of pride, integrity, accountability, continuous improvement and enjoyment
• Experience working in the Automotive Sector
• Experience in the use of MS Dynamics
Please note, we do not accept any form of unsolicited direct contact from agencies that are not on our PSL.
Team NameTransaction Team
Hours35 hours Mon - Fri
LocationHead Office, Bury (currently working from home due to COVID-19)
Why Work for CBS?
- 25 days’ holiday plus buy/sell policy of up to 5 days
- BUPA – Private medical insurance
- Sponsored car schemes
- 5% pension contribution
- Medicash (Subsidised dental, optical and alternative therapies
- Death in service insurance
- The Barracks Site – Modernised ex Fusiliers Museum
- Friendly working environment
- Annual Summer & Christmas Parties
- Social Committee
- Accessible by Metrolink
- Free secure parking
- On-site Café