Head of Network Development Team
We Are Car Benefit Solutions
Car Benefit Solutions is the leading provider of Employee Car Ownership Schemes in the UK, delivering complete solutions that span consultancy and scheme design through to implementation and fleet management. We have a strong client base in Automotive and Corporate sectors, working in partnership with 25 manufacturer brands to deliver schemes to more than 300 businesses and 2000 franchise dealerships. We offer a comprehensive benefit and rewards package, ranging from health and wellbeing initiatives to discounted car schemes and flexible working. We are a 3 star outstanding best companies to work for and one of the top 75 employers in the North West. As well as Silver Investors in People Status, we have also won local Made in Bury Business Awards.
The role of Head of Network Development is primarily to focus on the engagement and participation of dealer group prospects and customers, and their employees, and to continuously move CBS towards its Vision.
This will involve working closely with the other Department Heads, Management Board, and CBS Directors. The Head of Network Development will have overall responsibility for each of the four departmental functions, and be the line manager for each of the respective Operations Managers; Key Accounts, Regional Accounts, Business Development and Team Support; leading and empowering each function.
- Recruit, and then as a coach and mentor, train, lead, empower and inspire the team to succeed in achieving business and individual targets, goals and ambitions, and ultimately the CBS Vision.
- Leading by example, ensure the Network Development Team work collaboratively within and across CBS functions and that they are fully integrated within the wider business.
- Create, implement, manage and continuously seek to improve coordinated and collaborative strategic plans to set and achieve agreed evidence based targets and to maximise long term sustainable customer participation in, promotion of and support for CBS’s solutions. This will involve segmenting the market, and identifying and/or creating the appropriate customer centric:
- Products and solutions
- Sales processes
- Customer messaging
- Sales activities
- Establish, provide and present/deliver accurate and validated reporting, insight, analysis, information and commentary/recommendations/actions on all areas of responsibility to all levels of the business, including on a regular basis measurement and forecasting of performance and activity against all forms of plans and targets, and detail of opportunities and potential risks.
- Showcase the CBS’s values at all times and ensure that they are reflected throughout the team.
General Market Knowledge & Awareness
- Developing and maintaining an excellent evidence based level of knowledge of:
- the Automotive Retail Sector, including quantified market size and potential.
- customers’ business models (current/future), needs, trends, buying processes and influences.
- competitors’ offerings, risks, barriers to success and the impact of changes to technology.
- commercial and economic factors and impact of these relating to the automotive sector.
- Developing a robust understanding of CBS Automotive Retail Sector solutions and being able to:
- communicate them effectively to senior level stakeholders.
- identify opportunities to develop these solutions to add increased value to customers and CBS.
Strategic & Sales Planning
- Work collaboratively with the Network Development Team managers and members, as well as with colleagues across the business, and encourage and champion collaboration at all levels.
- Chairing regular meetings of the ‘Sales and Marketing’ Heads and managers to develop and continuously improve upon coordinated sales and marketing targets, strategies, plans, actions, reporting and analysis.
- Working collaboratively as part of the Management Board towards maximising sustainable business success in terms of customer participation and satisfaction, employee engagement, and profitability.
- Leading the development of appropriate sales tools and collateral.
- Championing the development, use and accuracy of CRM.
Representation & Relationships
- Representing CBS to the highest professional standards across the Automotive Retail Sector, supporting and cultivating key relationships where appropriate, and demonstrating the business’s expertise and values.
- Providing input into commercial pricing and risk management to achieve and exceed lending, fleet and profits targets.
- Managing departmental budget.
- Supporting the team as required with commercial discussions and negotiations enhancing the team’s knowledge and impact on the P&L.
- Empowering the Network Development Team, giving individuals the opportunity to work collaboratively at all levels of the business, and communicating openly.
- Identifying departmental training needs (including relevant technical knowledge) and ensuring that development actions are targeted to achieve individual and business objectives and delivered in a timely manner.
- Creating fair reward and incentive plans that are aligned to business/individual targets.
The Person Profile
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelors degree is desirable (marketing, business, management or a relevant subject is preferred).
- A proven track record in sales management at a senior level is essential.
- Formal sales training or qualification is essential.
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record in the ability to create, implement and deliver strategic plans.
- A proven track record in the leadership, motivation and development of a high performing team.
- A demonstrable track record of commerciality and financial awareness.
- Ability to manage teams, time and multiple projects while under pressure in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Sales Planning & Forecasting
- Strong sales planning and forecasting skills and track record of success.
- Acute business sense, with the ability to create solutions to capitalise on opportunities.
- Ability to segment the market and create both strategic plans and sales processes to achieve success.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills with the ability to test and validate data and information.
- A good understanding of financial methodology and processes, and commercial impact.
- Excellent verbal, written and visual/presentation communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- Strong collaboration skills with a commitment towards team work and to generate input from/to other departments.
- Competent and efficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and preferably Dynamics CRM (or other CRMs).
- Possess a keen interest in operational and system developments that impact on customer experience and departmental objectives.
- Demonstrate CBS values at all times.
- Champion high standards and commit to our customer centricity values and standards.
- Enthusiastic personality and a high level of energy and drive.
- Desire to continuously improve departmental and business performance, knowledge and skill level.
- Driven to succeed demonstrating passion and enthusiasm.
- Current Driving Licence
Team NameNetwork Development Team
Hours35 hours Mon-Fri
LocationHybrid - combination of field/home based and Head Office
Why Work for CBS?
- 25 days’ holiday plus buy/sell policy of up to 5 days
- BUPA – Private medical insurance
- Sponsored car schemes
- 5% pension contribution
- Medicash (Subsidised dental, optical and alternative therapies
- Death in service insurance
- Flexible working opportunities
- The Barracks Site – Modernised ex Fusiliers Museum
- Friendly working environment
- Annual Summer & Christmas Parties
- Social Committee
- Accessible by Metrolink
- Free secure parking
- On-site Café