Junior Graphic Designer
We Are Car Benefit Solutions
Looking for that first step into Graphic Design?
There’s a great opportunity available within CBS’ Graphic Design Team! Working with Designers with years of experience, you’ll learn the skillset needed to bring amazing pieces of creative to life, across print, web and video. We supercharge your existing understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite, giving you a wide array of projects and opportunities to grow and nurture your passion, while creating value for our Customers.
Car Benefit Solutions is the leading provider of Employee Car Ownership Schemes in the UK, delivering complete solutions that span consultancy and scheme design through to implementation and fleet management. We have a strong client base in Automotive and Corporate sectors, working in partnership with 25 manufacturer brands to deliver schemes to more than 300 businesses and 2000 franchise dealerships. We offer a comprehensive benefit and rewards package, ranging from health and wellbeing initiatives to discounted car schemes and flexible working. We are a 3 star outstanding best companies to work for and one of the top 75 employers in the North West. As well as Silver Investors in People Status, we have also won local Made in Bury Business Awards.
Provide support to the Graphic Design Team and wider business by creating compelling visual marketing, organising and distributing printed materials and developing skills to work on longer term project work such as video and web collateral.
The Challenge Ahead
A department filled with passionate people, excelling in delivering strong communications, best in class marketing materials, hungry to grow, learn and deliver high standards at all times. With a marketing vision to communicate to 100% of the target audience and add real value to the business growth.
Creating visually stunning artwork
- Work closely with the Graphic Design Team, creating visually stunning print artwork across over 20 manufacturer marques and CBS brand.
- Interpret content and copy from a design brief into a visual story relevant to the target market, be it internal or external.
- Utilise internal workflow software to manage, progress and time track all briefs; to ensure all design work is created, approved and delivered against agreed priorities and time frames.
- Ensure all marketing materials are 100% FCA compliant, taking responsibility for maintaining the knowledge, understanding and application of FCA requirements.
Supporting the team and wider business
- Ensure all printed materials are generated, cropped and posted in time to achieve pre-determined deadlines.
- Support the team to manage and maintain the design folder structure, organising files into the correct location and conducting annual cleanse audits.
- Work collaboratively across the Graphic Design Team, sharing best practice, brainstorming ideas and contributing suggestions for future development.
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing the skill set, expertise and knowledge to progress internally; completing project work, individual assignments and external learning to succeed.
- Build positive relationships and work collaboratively on projects with stakeholders across the business at all levels ensuring great two-way communication channels relating to tasks, briefs and projects.
- Keep up to date with changes and trends in design and technology/software to deliver excellence at all times
The Person Profile
- Educated to an GCSE standard (A-C equivalent in Maths and English)
- Graphic Design or Creative Digital Qualification
- Degree educated in a creative subject
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes
- Previous experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (particularly PS, AI, ID, PP and AE).
- Exemplary attention to detail.
- A driven work ethic, taking full accountability of tasks to deliver the very best creative work at all times.
- A creative thinker who continually seeks improvements and can articulate these effectively to the team.
- Organised with the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and open to change associated with a growing business.
- Prepared to take ownership and be accountable to see all tasks through to completion.
- A strong team player and networker, building positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Committed to work in line with CBS core values of pride, integrity, accountability, continuous improvement and enjoyment.
- Committed to work within our customer centricity values.
- A strong interest in the automotive industry or a passion for cars.
- Previous experience of video production and editing software/processes.
- Previous experience working in a creative role. Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Please note, we do not accept any form of unsolicited direct contact from agencies that are not on our PSL.
Team NameGraphic Design Team
Hours35 hours Mon - Fri
LocationHead Office, Bury (currently working from home due to COVID-19)
Why Work for CBS?
- 25 days’ holiday plus buy/sell policy of up to 5 days
- BUPA – Private medical insurance
- Sponsored car schemes
- 5% pension contribution
- Medicash (Subsidised dental, optical and alternative therapies
- Death in service insurance
- Flexible working opportunities
- The Barracks Site – Modernised ex Fusiliers Museum
- Friendly working environment
- Annual Summer & Christmas Parties
- Social Committee
- Accessible by Metrolink
- Free secure parking
- On-site Café