Lead Test Analyst (12 month maternity cover)
We Are Car Benefit Solutions
Car Benefit Solutions is the leading provider of Employee Car Ownership Schemes in the UK, delivering complete solutions that span consultancy and scheme design through to implementation and fleet management. We have a strong client base in Automotive and Corporate sectors, working in partnership with 25 manufacturer brands to deliver schemes to more than 300 businesses and 2000 franchise dealerships. We are a 3 star outstanding best companies to work for and one of the top 75 employers in the North West. As well as Silver Investors in People Status, we have also won local Made in Bury Business Awards.
Managing a team of testers to ensure quality code is released into production for our .NET and Web applications in an Agile methodology.
The Challenge Ahead
The Operations Department is a fast growing and multi-disciplined team with the responsibility for developing bespoke platforms and client facing web operations.
• Develop and continuously improve both the scope and process of the testing function.
• Conduct regular 1-2-1’s and Annual Performance reviews ensuring objectives are set that drive staff development.
• Responsible for all recruitment activities from budgeting/role creation to interview/offer stage
• Provide training/guidance and support to all members of the testing team and where appropriate the wider business.
• Provide regular updates to Operations Development Manager on the progress of all active projects/change requests and the activities of the testing team.
• Contribute towards the current development roadmap/programme and be confident explaining this to the wider business.
• Accountable for ensuring each test phase is completed to a pre-defined quality, to plan and on time/budget.
• Accountable for the deployment of code to production environment and follow up smoke test as required.
• Management of bugs raised from the production environment – ability to assess if hotfixes are required – and where required delivering hotfixes into production.
• Ensuring that the “Bug Service Level Agreement” is kept by grooming of bugs in product backlog.
• Regular reports on each sprint along with providing a testing update for management reports.
• Take on the role of “Scrum master” on a rota basis.
The Person Profile
• ISTQB Certified Test Manager Advanced Level
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
• Demonstrable experience working within an Agile Methodology (both Sprint and Kanban) (Essential)
• Good working knowledge of all relevant testing techniques & processes (Essential)
• Experience of testing web-based systems, including the user interface/web screen and web services (Essential)
• Experience of testing windows based applications (Essential)
• .Net C# Knowledge, ability to understand basic code e.g. IF statements
• SQL Knowledge, ability to understand basic queries/code
• Working knowledge of Octopus Continuous Integration
• Working knowledge of Azure Dev Ops and Branching (Essential)
• Experience of automation testing i.e. Ranorex
• Experience of stress and load testing
• Experience of security/vulnerability testing i.e. AppCheck
• Basic understanding of .Net error logs
• Practical experience of managing a small team of testers (Essential)
• Able to cope with working on multiple projects with tight deadlines (Essential)
• Demonstrable experience of test planning and reporting (Essential)
• Commitment to customer centricity across all areas of role and interactions with internal and external customers (Essential)
• Ability to work in line with CBS Core Values of pride, integrity, accountability, continuous improvement and enjoyment (Essential)
Please note, we will be looking to interview on the week commencing 11th January 2021.
Team NameTesting Team
Hours35 hours per week
LocationHead Office, Bury (currently working from home due to COVID-19)
Why Work for CBS?
- 25 days’ holiday plus buy/sell policy of up to 5 days
- BUPA – Private medical insurance
- Sponsored car schemes
- 5% pension contribution
- Medicash (Subsidised dental, optical and alternative therapies
- Death in service insurance
- The Barracks Site – Modernised ex Fusiliers Museum
- Friendly working environment
- Annual Summer & Christmas Parties
- Social Committee
- Accessible by Metrolink
- Free secure parking
- On-site Café