We Are Car Benefit Solutions
Car Benefit Solutions is the leading provider of Employee Car Ownership Schemes in the UK, delivering complete solutions that span consultancy and scheme design through to implementation and fleet management. We have a strong client base in Automotive and Corporate sectors, working in partnership with 25 manufacturer brands to deliver schemes to more than 300 businesses and 2000 franchise dealerships. We are a 2 star outstanding best companies to work for and one of the top 75 employers in the North West. As well as Silver Investors in People Status, we have also won local Made in Bury Business Awards.
To lead and motivate the Transaction Team to achieve agreed targets and KPIs whilst ensuring appropriate controls are maintained throughout all processes to a high level of accuracy. Continually looking to establish improvements to the Transaction Team in relation to processes, systems and individuals.
The Challenge Ahead
Responsible for multiple aspects of the business Finance & Operations covers Commercial Operations, Pricing, IT and Development, Reporting and Finance.
The Finance team are responsible for managing cash transactions and delivering the management accounts to the Board. This includes the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process, P&L analysis, bank account reconciliation and management of the Sales and Purchase Ledger
The team work closely with many areas of the business to ensure the processes are adhered to in order to minimise financial risk. The team also work alongside the Treasury and Taxation Department to manage cash balances and the Commercial Operations Team relating to budgeting.
In addition, the team are responsible for building relationships and developing relevant processes with our customers and key suppliers.
- Lead the Transaction Team to ensure the delivery of all activities in accordance with specified time frames and documented processes at all times.
- Monitor performance levels to ensure that the weekly and monthly deadlines for the transaction team are met and individual/team objectives delivered or exceeded.
- Complete weekly and monthly KPI reporting for distribution to internal contacts as required.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of the Key Control Accounts, Sales and Purchase Ledger on a weekly/monthly basis and the review of aged debtors and creditors.
- Maintain Credit Control and Direct Debit Management processes, reviewing this when necessary to enhance efficiencies and ensure compliance.
- Contribute towards managing and improving the working capital cycle.
- Build and maintain relationships with Manufacturers and Key Contacts to reduce debtor days and ensure amounts due are received as expected.
- Play an instrumental role in enhancing, creating, implementing and embedding processes within the Transaction Team.
- Create clear and concise reporting relating to the key activity within the Transaction Team for timely submission to Senior Management.
- Ensure internal controls are adhered to and implement improvements as necessary.
- Manage exception reporting ensuring all actions are completed within agreed timescales.
- Create efficiencies within the department and proactively look to provide smarter ways of working and generating ideas on business best practice.
- Manage, motivate, develop and mentor the Transaction Team completing training plans, reviews and appraisals in line with company policy.
- Adhere to all internal policies and procedures as required.
- Participate in working parties as required, making an active contribution to the deliverables of the group.
- Be responsible for own personal and professional development, including any CPD.
- Represent the department in a professional manner at all times and play a key role within the wider business in terms of internal initiatives.
- Complete any related ad hoc activities as required.
The Person Profile
Personal Profile & Qualifications
- Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant (Essential)
- Qualified by Experience (Desirable)
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Microsoft Dynamics GP Experience
- Previous experience managing/supervising a team including people and performance management
- Working knowledge of Sales and Purchase Ledgers
- Credit control experience
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working in a rapidly growing and changing business
- Creative thinking that continually seeks improvements with the confidence to share knowledge.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Possess drive, motivation and initiative.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Methodical with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- A passion for the automotive industry or an interest in cars
- Committed to the company’s approach to Customer Centricity Values
- Ability to work in line with CBS Core Values of pride, integrity, accountability, continuous improvement and enjoyment
Team NameFinance & Operations
HoursMon - Fri 9-5
LocationHead Office, Bury
Why Work for CBS?
- 25 days’ holiday plus buy/sell policy of up to 5 days
- BUPA – Private medical insurance
- Sponsored car schemes
- 5% pension contribution
- Medicash (Subsidised dental, optical and alternative therapies
- Death in service insurance
- The Barracks Site – Modernised ex Fusiliers Museum
- Friendly working environment
- Annual Summer & Christmas Parties
- Social Committee
- Accessible by Metrolink
- Free secure parking
- On-site Café