UI / UX Designer
We Are Car Benefit Solutions
Car Benefit Solutions is the leading provider of Employee Car Ownership Schemes in the UK, delivering complete solutions that span consultancy and scheme design through to implementation and fleet management. We have a strong client base in Automotive and Corporate sectors, working in partnership with 25 manufacturer brands to deliver schemes to more than 300 businesses and 2000 franchise dealerships. We offer a comprehensive benefit and rewards package, ranging from health and wellbeing initiatives to discounted car schemes and flexible working. We are a 3 star outstanding best companies to work for and one of the top 75 employers in the North West. As well as Silver Investors in People Status, we have also won local Made in Bury Business Awards.
The role will be responsible for liaising with the business and technical teams and analysing, documenting, reviewing and designing user interfaces in both Windows and Web-based applications with a strong focus on consistency, performance, brand and user experience. There’ll also be a strong focus on implementing and maintaining UI standards across all development functions whilst ensuring solutions ultimately meet those requirements.
You will also be responsible for ensuring the business is at the forefront of technologies where applicable.
The Challenge Ahead
Responsible for multiple aspects of the business including Pricing, IT & Development, Commercial Operations, Financial Transactions, Management Accounting and Reporting.
The development team are responsible for the CBS Bespoke Internal Application & Client Websites integrated with third party products where applicable. The team goals are to be the leaders of change within the business, embedding wherever possible the systems and processes within our client’s workflow further enhancing the interaction with CBS.
- Review current systems to gain not only technical understanding but also how the system is used and integrated within the business
- Work with the development team and business analysts to design intuitive user interfaces functioning across multiple platforms
- Prototyping and wireframing to demonstrate users’ needs and assist the BA team in creating business requirements and high quality designs to show finished products
- Produce visual comps to create a polished and highly functional user interface with a focus on consistency, usability and simplicity of design
- Work alongside web and application developers to ensure feasibility, scope, and implementation of designs
- Presenting ideas for system improvements and challenging existing technologies and methodologies where appropriate and identify any potential cost or time saving
- Collaborate with end users of applications, including internal and external customers, to determine user needs and adapt programming accordingly
- Produce technical UI specifications where appropriate
- Ensure software operates ideally across a range of programs and platforms, including Microsoft products and various mobile operating systems
- Work within and contribute effectively to the Agile framework/methodology implemented and used by CBS
- Use graphic design software to create branding/logos and incorporate visual elements into programming with goals of creating streamlined designs and pleasant but visually simple user interface
- Conduct thorough testing of user interfaces in multiple platforms to ensure designs render correctly and systems function properly, incorporating feedback from actual potential users as well as members of the design team
- Comply with project plans, business goals and industry standards
- Liaise with the marketing team to ensure material created that is publicly viewable meets the marketing team’s requirements and strategy
- Cross technical boundaries outside your comfort zone – e.g. willing to work on desktop technologies if primarily a web UI developer
- Ensuring all users, both internal and external are at the centre of the design process
- Maintain code/documents within GIT Source Control
- Undertaking R&D and investigate new technologies
The Person Profile
- Degree educated (Essential)
- At least three years previous and demonstrable commercial experience in a similar role (Essential)
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes
- Ability to work in line with CBS Core Values of pride, integrity, accountability, continuous improvement and enjoyment
- Strong understanding of front-end coding and development technologies
- Knowledge and commercial experience of tools and technologies that aid the UX design and usability process
- Experience and knowledge of key UX/UI design principles and utilisation for both web and windows applications
- In-depth understanding of browser rendering engines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate and build relationships across multiple roles/levels and managing stakeholders and internal customers.
- Ability to work in a reactive environment whilst dealing with competing priorities and motivated by a positive “can do” attitude
- Strong analytical skills, oral and written communication
- Awareness of Microsoft .NET development tools and technologies
- Git/Source Control Tools
- Basic understanding of the automotive and/or financial services industry
- Agile methodologies and process
Please note, we do not accept any form of unsolicited direct contact from agencies that are not on our PSL.
Team NameDevelopment Team
Hours35 hours Mon - Fri
LocationHead Office, Bury (currently working from home due to COVID-19)
Why Work for CBS?
- 25 days’ holiday plus buy/sell policy of up to 5 days
- BUPA – Private medical insurance
- Sponsored car schemes
- 5% pension contribution
- Medicash (Subsidised dental, optical and alternative therapies
- Death in service insurance
- Flexible working opportunities
- The Barracks Site – Modernised ex Fusiliers Museum
- Friendly working environment
- Annual Summer & Christmas Parties
- Social Committee
- Accessible by Metrolink
- Free secure parking
- On-site Café